Top 7 greatest health scares of all time
Hello Healthy friends!
For some people, it’s the thing nightmares are made of: A deadly, contagious disease rapidly spreading with no signs of stopping. But what could cause such a breakdown to society and mankind as we know it? Is it possible for a microorganism to wipe out humanity, turning some of us into mindless zombies while the “lucky” ones fend to survive? Maybe not as dramatic as we’re thinking, but there have been some health scares that created a mass scare and resulted in fatalities across the world.
Our health & wellness is more important than ever. It seems not a week goes by that a food or product that we use in our daily lives is being recalled and causing sickness and even a few deaths, and we are still hearing about Lead in water and feel this will become a larger a problem. We all strive to eat good, live good, look good and feel food. We are in the business to assist with all of that, the CBD business. CBD is showing massive growth and massive positive results in the health field assisting with pain, heart health, anxiety, joint pain, sleep disorders and more in both humans and pets. Our Trust Brothers CBD is grown and extracted in the United States at approved and tested farms and facilities. It is Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, 100% Hemp and 0% THC (Not Marijuana and Not a High, Just Healthy.)
We want you to try the healthy living that CBD offers, and we have an exclusive FREE CBD OFFER for the readers of our “Top 7 Lists.” A bottle of our 250mg CBD Oil Tinctures is waiting for you in our online store. We have that information and special offer access code to use waiting at the end of our list.
Take a look at our list below and let us know in the comments which of these health scares you remember and how you felt during that time. Then take advantage of our CBD Offer.
Top 7 Greatest Health Scares of All Time
1. Swine Flu – The 2009 flu pandemic or swine flu was an influenza pandemic that lasted from early 2009 to late 2010, and the second of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus (the first of them being the 1918 flu pandemic), albeit in a new version. First described in April 2009, the virus appeared to be a new strain of H1N1 which resulted when a previous triple assortment of bird, swine and human flu viruses further combined with a Eurasian pig flu virus, leading to the term “swine flu”.
2. BPA – Bisphenol A, more commonly referred to as BPA, is a compound that is found in most resins and plastics. It is most commonly found in plastic water bottles but has been used in various types of plastic food containers since the early 1900s. Exposure to BPA became a national concern because of possible effects it can have on the brain, behavior, and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. Specifically, the amount of BPA present in heated water bottles (being left in the car and refilled) was linked to cancer.
3. Lead from toys made in China – In 2007, almost a million toys sold by Mattel and manufactured in China were recalled due to the lead found in the paint coating the toys. Experts said the harmful effects of the lead included brain damage, especially in children. In addition to lead, one specific toy, a fake eyeball, was found to have a liquid casing of kerosene! The scrutiny China was placed under after such terrible manufacturing practices caused toy factories to recall over 60% of their product in the years thereafter. China is known to manufacture products of all kinds which are cheap in cost but even cheaper in quality. Although this standard may be okay for some items, putting the health and safety of children at stake is never okay. Make sure to read the label on the toys you purchase to verify that it has been cleared by the FCC.
4. Anthrax – In 2001, fear quickly spread across the United States as several cases of the bacterial spore “anthrax” was being intentionally sent in envelopes by Bruce Edwards Ivins to Democratic leaders and news media stations across the nation. This act of terrorism went on to claim five lives. The investigation into the Anthrax scare is now known to be one of the most expensive, extensive, and complicated investigation the FBI has undertaken. Experts went on to state the motive behind Mr. Ivins act all boiled down to the fact that his lifelong research on a vaccine for Anthrax was failing, however; with the new threat of Anthrax claiming lives, suddenly, more focus was placed on the project he’d devoted over 20 years to. Mr. Ivins denied having anything to do with the letters and many are skeptical as to who the suspect really was. The cost of decontaminating all the buildings the letters were sent to reached a billion dollars and took over two years to complete.
5. MRSA – In 2007, an alarming outbreak of MRSA, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, gained attention in the media as the average amount of annual cases reported multiplied times ten, according to the FCC. That year became known as “The Year of MRSA” with a reported 95,000 infections and approximately 19,000 of those resulting in death.1 The most common method of contracting this deadly disease is patient to patient contact, via medical professionals’ hands! How scary to think your doctor could be infecting you due to improper hygiene practices. Those that were thought to be at a higher risk than others were people living in closely living conditions, like dorms and even prisons. Sharing hygiene products such as razors and towels posed an even bigger risk. With the implementation of mandatory infection reports from hospitals and more strict hygiene and sterilization practices, the spread of MRSA has been somewhat controlled. However, those that require hospital stays and visits should be precautious as they are still at a higher risk than anyone else.
1. Klevens, RM, Morrison, MA, Nadle, J…, and Active Bacterial Core surveillance (ABCs) MRSA Investigators. Invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in the United States. JAMA. 2007; 298: 1763–1771
6. SARS – In 2008, approximately 8,000 people were infected with SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) and caused nationwide panic. Patient zero is said to be a farmer on the border of Hong Kong and eventually spread across the world from the doctor who treated him.
7. Trans-fat – The public became aware of just how harmful trans-fat was when New York City banned foods containing this deadly ingredient from being sold in 2006. Trans-fat was found in what doctors described as “crowd pleasing foods” such as french fries and doughnuts and was had absolutely no nutritional value. A study out of Harvard found trans-fat to raise bad cholesterol and lower good cholesterol; so, there is no wonder the food industry responded by eliminating this ingredient all together!
Wow, those were pretty scary, don’t you think?! Knowing that the food you eat, and the items you come in contact with are manufactured and processed with restrictions and regulations that keep you safe is important. That’s why we recommend doing your research before purchasing CBD oil. Hemp plants grown with using no MO’s or harmful pesticides, and that they are processed and extracted using top quality methods to assure you are getting a product with 0% THC.
Discover the healthy world of CBD and discover your best life and wellness. We’re offering the readers of our Top 7 Lists a Limited Time Offer of a FREE Sample Bottle of 250mg CBD Oil while supplies last.
– ORDERING is easy right here…TrustBrothersCBD.com
– Then CLICK the FREE CBD OFFER button, enter the code TOP7 to claim your free bottle.
“Trust Brothers have the most trusted, Lowest Cost, Ultra-Premium CBD products available anywhere!” We hope you feel the benefits. Let us know how it works for you and hope to see you as a regular here on the site. And if you’re social, follow us on facebook @trustbrotherscbd / Instagram @trustbrotherscbd / Snapchat @TrustBrothers and Twitter @TrustBrothers as we post trustworthy information daily.
* We always recommend that you consult your physician about taking CBD if you are currently taking medications, and suffering from many or specific ailments.
WATCH: “What is CBD?”
READ all of our “CBD, and Health & Wellness Blog Posts” on our website blog, LEARN more about CBD and purchase our Trust Brothers CBD products that best suit your needs to achieve better health, wellness and living.
Here’s to Your Health!
Tim & Tom
(The Trust Brothers)