Let’s face it, technology rules the world! And even though you’ve heard us say ,’if you want to relax, put down your phone” we know that for some of you, it’s impossible to do so. So we’ve tested a bunch of apps that claim to help you relax. There were some great ones and some not so great, but we can say that the ones on our list really do work! We are tech junkies, so we are one of those that can’t put my phone down, these apps have helped us to calm and regain our footing when we get lost in my hectic schedule!
Heavy technology use can cause issues with your eyes, brain, social interaction and overall wellness. Headaches and anxiety can creep up and throw your life out of whack and out of calm. May we suggest CBD oil to assist. CBD is not an app, but along with utilizing the relaxing apps in our list, you can add our healthy CBD to your life to assist with issues that are associated with relaxing and calming of headaches, along with a variety of other ailments. We have an offer for you to try our CBD oil for FREE so you can feel the healthy goodness that so many are talking about. More details about CBD and the offer are waiting for you at the end of this list.
Take a look at our list and give some a try, we are sure you will find one that suits your needs! But before you do, we must say, we are not affiliated with any of the apps nor their developers and in no way, shape or form, and have not received any monetary exchange, free use of the app, or any other compensation.
Top 7 Apps to Help You Relax
1. Headspace – Ranked #9 of all Health and Fitness apps in the Apple App Store, Headspace is a self-described “guide to your health and happiness.” Meant to relax, focus and clear your head, you are asked what do you need help with the most with topics such as: Work and Productivity, Stress and Anxiety, Sleep, and Test Taking, to name a few. Once you have choses your biggest stressor, you are asked if you have experience meditating, I chose none so I can get the full experience. This led the app to start off with 3-minute meditation sessions, which you can conveniently set a daily reminder for right in the app itself. Once your “plan” is configured, you are presented with a layout of what Headspace recommends for you. The session is narrated by a soothing voice, with a nice Australian accent, might I add, to help you meditate, and I loved it! There is a Headspace Plus fee that gives you access to hundreds of meditation sessions that is very much worth it!
2. Calm – This app was recommended to me by my mom, apparently, she felt I needed it! So, I gave it a shot and it’s was actually a great way to do exactly what the name suggests…Calm! Beating out the competition, this app was voted #1 on the list of Health and Fitness apps! Calm also won “Happiest App in the World” and “2017 App of the Year”! With credentials like those, I wouldn’t be doing it justice by describing it, you have to try it! What I can say is the meditation cycles help with issues such as anxiety, stress, work performance, etc. and they really help you on a deep level, so much so that I really felt differently after using this just a couple of times. I really do love this app and I recommend that you try it for yourself!
3. Simple Habit – Simple Habit is more geared towards those that have trouble sleeping and since I do, I was eager to try this one as well. This app requires just 5 mins of your day in order to “reduce stress, improve your focus, sleep better, relax faster, breathe easier, and more.” Simple Habit is perfect for those with busier lifestyles as it has an on the go feature that makes for meditation anywhere, easy. All of the meditations are guided and are for specific situations, like commute traffic, waking up on time, falling asleep, which I thought was really neat! You can also track your progress with the feature called Mindful Minutes and if you decided to pay for the premium version, you can even access the sessions offline, so you can meditate anywhere at any time.
4. Aura – Developed by Aura Health Company, this app claims to “reduce stress and anxiety, improve focus, and sleep better using daily mindfulness meditations, life coaching, stories and more.” All of which are personalized based on your mood, which is helpful! You have the option of listening to whatever suits you at the moment which is great since sometimes we might not feel like closing our eyes and breathing deep, but rather listen to a story or listen to some soothing music. So, the option to choose is one that I really loved. Also, you can track your mood so you can go back and see if it is really helping you or maybe you need to switch gears. There is also an Aura Community that puts you in touch with teachers and other members for support. In addition to that, there is also Gratitude Reflections, where you are encouraged to express your gratitude with daily reflections and share with the Aura Community if you choose. A bonus for iOS users is this app integrates with Apple Health.
5. Ten Percent Happier – Winner of the “Best of 2018” award, this app provided a clear and very simple approach to meditation–that is something that I really appreciate. I found that some of the others, although wonderful apps, were a bit overwhelming in the beginning and what is worse than becoming anxious by an app that is meant to help you reduce anxiety?! This app is clean and straight to the point and designed specifically for skeptics like myself. Ten Percent Happier includes daily videos, not just recordings, of some really cool meditation teachers and makes meditation seem like less of a chore, which is also awesome. It has a different feel to it than the others, it’s not so “cupcakes and rainbows” but more realistic and relatable. The range of content like, politics for instance, made for some interesting meditation sessions that I didn’t even really know I needed! I was so intrigued, I paid to unlock the premium version to get access to the 500+ sessions that were right at my fingertips anytime I need them. This one was one of my favorites.
6. Present – Present is a great app for beginners that really want to grasp meditation and understand what it does to your body. The guided meditations are suitable for anyone but very much geared towards someone just starting off. Present includes hundreds of meditation sessions by some of the world’s top meditation guides and even has an SOS feature that is meant to help you manage those urgent moments of panic! In addition to that, there is also topics on things like body image, love and kindness, forgiveness, pain management, deep sleep, happiness. and self-esteem. This app also allows you to track your progress and is you may use it on all of your devices after purchase.
7. My Oasis: Relaxing Clicker – This app is a bit different than the others as it is more of a game meant to relieve anxiety and stress. The beautiful graphics make you forget that you’re at work, and makes you feel like you’ve been swept away to a beautiful island. My Oasis is meant to calm you down and relax your mind to help you take a break from life and the people in it that you love but need time away from. I think we all can relate! It’s a simple tap game that is meant to calm your mind before you know it! Give it a try!
All of these apps are great for stress and anxiety, they all bring something different to the table for sure! But no matter which one you prefer, one thing for certain is nothing can help you relax, focus, and reduce stress like CBD oil can. CBD works on a cellular level to promote the enzymes in your body that reduce stress and induce calm. There is nothing more reassuring to know that you are responsible for your own happiness, and that exactly what CBD does, help you produce your own calm.
“Trust Brothers have the most trusted, Lowest Cost, Ultra-Premium CBD products available anywhere!” We hope you feel the benefits. Let us know how it works for you and hope to see you as a regular here on the site. And if you’re social, follow us on facebook @trustbrotherscbd / Instagram @trustbrotherscbd / Snapchat @TrustBrothers and Twitter @TrustBrothers as we post trustworthy information daily.
* We always recommend that you consult your physician about taking CBD if you are currently taking medications, and suffering from many or specific ailments.
WATCH: “What is CBD?”
Here’s to Your Health!
Tim & Tom
(The Trust Brothers)