What is the key to success? That is the age-old question that baffles the minds of scholars and those chasing the American dream. While we don’t have “the key,” we can share some common traits that successful people share. Being successful can’t be taught but you can be introduced to a whole new aspect of how successful people tend to think. A lot of what you can accomplish in life is mind over matter. The only thing standing in the way of your success is yourself, and a clear mind so read these tips and get out of your own way.
AND, take advantage of our FREE CBD OFFER we have for you to assist with anxiety and inflammation that can cloud the mind, your focus and your mission. CBD is showing to be a great sidekick and we want to help you with your journey to success. Check out our “Top 7 list” and check out our offer we have exclusively for our readers. We have a successful code for you at the end of this post.
Top 7 Things All Successful People Have in Common
1. They know when to stay and when to leave – When determining whether your current job is best for you, you have to ask yourself questions that may be hard to answer because you aren’t thinking in terms of the future, but rather the present. Ask yourself if the thought of you being in the same position you are now make you happy or make you panic? Do your employers respect your abilities and offer room for growth or are you limited in both your capabilities but also your compensation? Don’t hastily quit your job before you talk this out with your spouse or ask your boss where they see the company in 5 years in terms of your involvement.
2. They do more than what is asked of them – Don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do, just do it. Not always are you going to receive compensation but your boss will notice and possibly employ you to do bigger jobs when needed. Plus, it is a good way to market the skills you have that your boss may not know about.
3. They set real goals that they can accomplish – Successful people almost always set goals for themselves but realistic, attainable ones. Of course, we all want to be millionaires, but if that is the goal you’re shooting for, 99% of the time, there are several goals you need to reach before you become one. Make a vision board and write your goals down so you can see where you are in your journey.
4. They take accountability for themselves and their actions – We all know how absolutely terrifying it can be when you make a mistake at work but the best way to resolve it and move past it is to own to your faults and ask for help if the mistake was done out of ignorance. If you don’t understand something that is part of your job description, it is best to ask and ask some more until you are comfortable. Don’t think this will irritate your boss, if anything, they will appreciate you for taking the time and initiative to learn and ask questions before jumping into the job and making unnecessary mistakes. If you make mistakes from pure carelessness, stop and take the time to double check your work and review your process. Don’t develop bad habits by continuing to make the same mistake over and over.
5. They are lifelong learners who push themselves out of their comfort zones – a lifelong learner is someone who pushes themselves to constantly gain knowledge because they are never satisfied with knowing just enough. They are willing to step outside of their comfort zone and put themselves in a position where they don’t know they most, and where they will make mistakes until they get it right. They will ask questions until they have it down and move on to learning something else.
6. They are more excited about the journey than the pay out – Successful people make sure to enjoy the steps they take along the way because the final outcome, or the payout, might not be what you expect. Instead of having your eye on the prize, appreciate the lessons you learn along the way. They will help you shape your future and allow you to learn from the mistakes you may have made along the way. Every successful person will tell you they’ve had one door close, but 5 more open along the way. Don’t get discouraged on your journey to success. It’s YOUR journey so; there is no such thing as failure if you never give up.
7. They create instead of just consume – In other words, they give as much, if not more, than they take. By giving, or creating, I mean they create jobs for others, they share ideas, they give input, they volunteer time, they lend a helping hand, they submit ideas. It is easy to enjoy the benefits that others help create; but successful people are the reason why the benefit exists at all.
One thing that comes to my mind when I think of success is the ability to stay on task and focus! A lot of us have a problem keeping our minds focused on just one thing and end up spreading ourselves very thin! So, what we would like to call ‘multitasking”, winds up just being a distraction. Instead of giving ten percent of yourself to several small projects and tasks, buckle down and give it your all! So, now you’re probably saying to yourself, “if only it were so easy!” Well, it can be! CBD oil has the ability to help you feel both energize but focus and not jittery. Too much coffee or energy drinks can leave you feeling like you could run a marathon, but that boost of caffeine is only good for a short time and then you crash and burn. With CBD, it works with your body to promote the enzymes needed to produce natural energy that helps you focus. So, there is no crash and burn