Hello healthy friends.
Well, at least we hope so, but if things are not as healthy as you wish, we can help.
We’ve all heard the saying “you are what you eat”, right? Well, I hate to tell you folks, but it’s quite true. And unfortunately, some of the foods we love to eat, whether it be a matter of convenience or simply your preference, just aren’t good for us. In fact, they’re really bad. So bad, in fact, that food and safety experts vow never to eat most of the items on this list ever again! Yes, it’s that serious folks.
Now, before you go getting mad and start calling us the “Debbie Downer of Little Debbie Snack Cakes”, keep in mind that we just want to promote a long, healthy lifestyle. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t indulge in one or two of the foods on this list, every so often. And that is okay, as long as it’s not excessive, but rather on rare occasion. Some of the foods on our list might be hard for you to part with…okay, one of them, specifically, is going to downright send you into withdrawals!! Can you guess what it is??
Spoiler Alert: Yes, it’s bacon…!
Top 7 Foods to Avoid for a Healthier You / Longevity
1. Bacon – As much as it probably breaks all of our hearts to admit-bacon is bad for you. Aside from its delicious taste, bacon is loaded with fat, about 50% of which is monounsaturated fat, and high in cholesterol but that isn’t even the worst part about having a bacon heavy diet. The amount of salt is what has nutritionist shaking their heads at our heaping serving of bacon. The process of curing bacon includes soaking the meat in salt which adds even more to the salt content. Salt can be linked to diseases such as stomach cancer, and can raise your blood pressure. All hope is not lost though, as long as you eat bacon in the recommended serving size, which is about two slices, you’re okay. Or you can opt for turkey bacon which is a healthier alternative.
2. Shelf-stable condiments – I know I can’t be the only one with a drawer full of ketchup and BBQ sauce from fast food restaurants…and while they may come in handy from time to time, they usually just sit there until I throw them away about once a twice a year but as it turns out, I should be throwing them away immediately, and so should you, and here’s why…The reason why these sauces can be left out and are good to consume for such a long time is because they’re full of preservatives that are bad for you. In fact, the additives included (food coloring, sweeteners, salt, and bad fats) are linked to premature heart disease. So, ditch those convenient packets and use your own or throw them away immediately after you’re done.
3. Swordfish – Fish and shellfish are an important part of a well-balanced diet for all the health benefits they offer. However; not all fish is good for you, swordfish being one of them. Because of the high content of mercury, the FDA advises against the consumption of swordfish, this is especially important for pregnant and nursing women.
4. Processed meat – Any meat that has been cured, smoked, salted or canned is considered processed. This includes some of our favorite meats like sausage, hot dogs, salami, bacon, ham and any canned meat. Eating processed meat over a long period of time can lead to heart disease and cancer.
5. Microwave popcorn – This may come as a shock to you, because we were shocked to learn as well, but microwave popcorn is actually bad for your health for several reasons. First, the bag…yes, the bag that microwave popcorn comes in is lined with the same chemical that you would find in Teflon pots and pans, called Perfluorooctanoic acid or PFOA. PFOA can be attributed to infertility, cancer and stomach issues in animal. Although no tests have been conducted on humans, it is still listed as a carcinogen. Another reason it is bad for you is all in the ingredients. In addition to the MSG’s that can be found with some really disgusting stuff like beaver anal glands-yes, that’s right, you can also find many brands still use trans-fat, which is the deadliest fat and accounts for 20,000 heart attacks and 7,000 deaths, according to the CDC. We know how good popcorn is but you can still pop yourself some homemade popcorn and enjoy a bowl, just skip the bag.
6. Stick margarine – Margarine is made from vegetable oils, so it contains unsaturated “good” fats — polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. These types of fats help reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or “bad,” cholesterol when substituted for saturated fat. Butter, on the other hand, is made from animal fat, so it contains more saturated fat. But not all margarines are created equal — some margarines contain trans-fat. In general, the more solid the margarine, the more trans-fat it contains. So, stick margarines usually have more trans-fat than tub margarines do.
7. Anything deep fried – The deeply fried foods are very high in fat contents and therefore high in calories. The calorie value of fats is more than two times than that of carbohydrates. If butter or ghee (clarified butter) is used as cooking medium, it is not much harmful because this fat has a high smoking point that means its chemical structure is not altered even at a high temperature. The coconut oil is another good option because of its high smoking point. However, if refined vegetable oil is used in cooking which has a low smoking point, the fat molecules tend to undergo chemical rearrangements to form harmful chemicals.
Okay, so now that you know the Top 7 foods to avoid for longevity, how well do you think you’ll do in actually avoiding them? Yea…I had a problem with bacon too! But once I started to see and feel the difference in my body and the way I felt, it wasn’t hard to start eating cleaner and better. You know what else helped?? You guessed it! CBD oil!!! I know you’re probably wondering, how in the heck did CBD help you get over bacon?! Okay, listen…after you eat bacon, or another fatty, greasy, deep fried food, how do you feel? Like laying down on the couch and being a potato, right? Right! With CBD oil, I would take my regular dosage of 2 drops, eat a healthy, well balanced meal and the energy I still had after dinner lead me out for hikes, jogs, and even trips to the gym with my friends! Being healthy is not easy and sometimes diet and exercise alone just won’t do it, but if you introduce CBD oil into your regimen, you’ll notice a HUGE difference!
Discover the healthy world of CBD and discover a healthier life and longevity – Ordering is easy right here on our site, TrustBrothersCBD.com
“Trust Brothers have the most trusted, Lowest Cost, Ultra-Premium CBD products available anywhere!” We hope you feel the benefits. Let us know how it works for you and hope to see you as a regular here on the site. And if you’re social, follow us on facebook @trustbrotherscbd and Instagram @trustbrotherscbd, as we post trustworthy information daily.
Read all of our “CBD, and Health & Wellness Blog Posts” on our website blog, learn more about CBD and purchase our Trust Brothers CBD products that best suit your needs to achieve better health, wellness and living.
Here’s to Your Health!
Tim & Tom
(The Trust Brothers)