Statistics show that over 38 million people in the US alone suffer from headaches and in worse cases, from migraines. With symptoms ranging from a mid-ache to a blinding, pounding sensation that leaves you nauseated, and laying in a dark room, praying it away. Headaches are the most commonly reported ailment, affecting people of all ages and can be caused by a variety of things. Stress, anxiety, and depression are some of the most common factors which contribute to chronic or severe headaches, also known as migraines.
Headaches can be classified into two different categories: Primary and Secondary. Primary headaches stand alone as the only symptom while a secondary headaches stem from another ailment such as a hangover, high blood pressure, dehydration, nausea, and even a common cold.
Regardless of what caused your headache, we want to help you get rid of it. We’ve compiled a list the most common remedies for headache relief. Keep in mind that all of suggestions on our list can be combined with one another. So, try one, or try them all!
May we also suggest adding CBD to you daily regimen. It is goodness for the body and mind. CBD is showing to be very beneficial. There can be dangers in taking over-the-counter drugs too frequently, CBD is becoming the natural alternative choice for many dealing with anxiety, migraines, headaches and many more head associated ailments.
Top 7 Ways to Reduce Headaches
1. Water – Drink tons of water! The cause of most headaches is that your body is experiencing minor dehydration. If you start to drink the daily recommended servings of water, you will find that you experience less and less headaches.
2. Caffeine – Include a small amount of caffeine in your diet. Studies have shown that caffeine helps migraine headaches tremendously, and doctors will even prescribe a pain medication with caffeine in the active ingredients. If you don’t like soda, you can also drink tea, or coffee.
3. Acupuncture – Acupuncture is a great way to reduce headaches. By sticking tiny little needles into specific pressure points throughout the body, an acupuncturist can help you relieve your headache. These points are usually near nerve ending that release hormones called endorphins
4. Avoid food with histamine – If you’ve ever experienced a headache right after eating foods or drinks such as red wine, shellfish, dried fruit, eggplant, avocado, sauerkraut, yogurt, processed or smoked meats, you’re probably experiencing a histamine headache. Because histamine causes your blood vessels to swell, you’re more likely to experience headaches.
5. Get a massage – We know it’s not always easy to find time to schedule a massage and literally pamper yourself, but in this case, it’s really for your health. Studies find that a short, 15-minute massage, 2-3 times a week will reduce stress and tension headaches. By focusing on the head, neck and shoulders, the masseuse can gently knead away the physical pain brought about from headaches and migraines.
6. Stay out of the sun – Too much sunlight can cause a migraine that is really hard to get rid of. If you’re going to be outdoors for an extended period of time, try to have an umbrella if you’re sitting in one spot or a hat with a bill to shield your eyes as well as sunglasses. Make sure to stay hydrated and if possible, alternate your outdoor adventure with some time indoors, under a mister or any other cooling station available.
7. Cold compress – One of the first known remedies for headaches is the application of ice, or an ice pack to your head or neck. The cold compress causes your blood vessels to constrict, therefore restricting the amount of blood and the number of neurotransmitters that are deployed to the origin of your pain.
We do hope you found this list useful, all of these really work! But we’ve saved the best for last–CBD oil! If you could actually prevent the headache entirely, wouldn’t you rather give that a shot? Why wait until you’re in immobilizing pain when you can help your body fight the inflammation that causes them! Just a mere two drops per day can kickstart your way to a headache free life. Try Trust Brothers CBD oil and get your mind right!
We want you to discover and feel the relief and joy to a happier, well & healthy way of living – Ordering is easy right here on our site, TrustBrothersCBD.com
“Trust Brothers have the most trusted, Lowest Cost, Ultra-Premium CBD products available anywhere!” We hope you feel the benefits. Let us know how it works for you and hope to see you as a regular here on the site. And if you’re social, follow us on facebook @trustbrotherscbd and Instagram @trustbrotherscbd, as we post trustworthy information daily.
Read all of our “CBD, Health & Wellness blog posts” on our website blog, learn more about CBD and purchase our Trust Brothers CBD products that best suit your needs to achieve better health, wellness and living.
Here’s to Your Health!
Tim & Tom
(The Trust Brothers)