Good day friends!
Health scams and the marketing of so-called cures have been around for years. Making their way into our homes via newspapers, infomercials, mail, telemarketing and even word-of-mouth, these products are now offered over the Internet — with Web sites describing miracle cures and emails telling stories of overnight magic. Sadly, our senior citizens often fall victim to these false promises.
So why do people continue to get suckered into these “too good to be true” products? Fear. The fear of getting old, getting sick, or even gaining weight will lead some people to try just about anything!
Have you heard of CBD? If so, are you thinking CBD is the hot new trend, and buzzword, but It’s probably a scam and will disappear when something new and fancy becomes viral and takes its place. You are correct that it’s new and hot, but it is not a scam and not going to disappear. There are many different ways CBD is beneficial to the body. CBD extract is safe and natural and does not contain any THC, therefore does not have any psychoactive effects. Your body heals but your state of mind is not altered. Though scientists are still finding new ways to utilize it, the most notable benefits attributed to CBD are: Pain Relief and/or Management, Inflammation Reduction, Sleep Support, Mood Enhancement, Anxiety Reduction, Heart Health, and many more.
Top 7 Health Scams of All Time
1. Toning shoes – Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the exact shoes we’re talking about…yes, those platform sneakers that had everyone thinking they could skip leg and butt day at the gym. These toning sneakers were such a big deal, popular brands had celebrity endorsements, claiming all you needed to do was put these shoes on during your workout, or your daily walking and you would then achieve a result of toned legs and a perky bottom. Unfortunately, in 2013, customers disagreed filed a lawsuit for false advertisement and the popular shoe brand was ordered to pay back approximately $40 million dollars.
2. Cellulite cream – Cellulite is one of the unsightliness flaws on our bodies and we’ll do anything to get rid of it; miracle creams included. Cellulite cream claims to rid your cellulite simply by rubbing it on the area once or twice a day; and some may say “results may vary” or “better results seen when used in conjunction with exercise.” The key word that nearly all of the creams you see on the market though, is “appearance”. Most, if not all, of the cellulite cream ads will say “reduce the appearance”, which means, the cellulite isn’t going anywhere. In fact, the only way to get rid of cellulite is by exercise and diet. There are, however, ingredients that reduce the appearance of cellulite such as caffeine, which restricts the blood flow the skin and gives the area a tightened appearance, essentially drying your skin out.
3. Hoodia – Hoodia Gordonii comes from a cactus plant in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa and Namibia. People their suck on the plant and they feel less hungry and thirsty. The absorption of the Hoodia Gordonii gives the same effect than the glucose but with a stronger effect; 2,000 times stronger in fact. The scam, however; lies in the fact that over 90% of hoodia sold on the market, is NOT, hoodia but rather the molecule responsible for this effect; called P57, which does not give the same effect as hoodia and is not FDA approved.
4. Vitamin enhanced water – It is essential to drink several cups of water a day; we all know this by now. Plain water, that is. Any beverage that claims to be “enhanced” water needs to be carefully scrutinized down to every last ingredient on the label. If you read closely, you will see that many of the most popular brands of this “enriched” water contains several grams of sugar, which has the adverse effect of just drinking plain water! The moral of the story is newer is not better. Stick with regular water, hold the fancy colors and flavors.
5. Carb blockers – Carb blockers, or starch blockers, have the ability to inhibit enzymes from digesting certain types of carbs, therefore; the carbs do not produce calories, nor raise the sugar in your blood. The type of carb you eat is the gray area though. You cannot have a diet that consists of saturated fats and high-fructose and expect these pills to work. Studies have shown that on average a loss of just two pounds can be attributed to these pills and that is based on a diet of moderately healthy to healthy. So, if you are munching on pizza and french fries, these definitely will not work for you, regardless of what the commercials say.
6. Body wraps – These body wraps, often sold in a monthly subscription package, are getting a lot of negative reviews and leaving customers seething because they’re no longer using them but are still being charged. In addition to realizing the weight loss is entirely attributed to profusely sweating which results in a loss of water weight, they’re also complaining that they are putting the weight right back on after a couple of good meals. If you wanted to drop a pound or two before a big date, this might do the trick. But if you desire to lose weight and keep it off, this is not the way to go!
7. Weight loss tea – Arguably the most popular “lose weight fast” product on the market is slimming tea. With hundreds of different brands and flavors, they all claim to do the same thing: help you lose weight, decrease your appetite, detox your body, boost your metabolism, and give you energy. What they don’t tell you is, replacing the necessary nutrients your body gets from healthy, clean eating with this tea, is actually doing you more harm than good. The “energy” that you receive is not the natural fuel, called ATP, that your body needs, but rather just a burst of caffeine from the tea itself. We all know caffeine is a stimulant and the only way to keep the effects of caffeine is to drink more. Additionally, the weight that you lose can be attributed to an ingredient in almost all of these teas called “Senna.” Senna is a colon cleanser that produces symptoms of nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and dehydration. So, this “detoxification” that all the teas promise is actually just ridding your body of everything you need to be healthy on a daily basis. Furthermore, if you drink enough of this tea for an extended period of time, your body becomes reliant on it to have a bowel movement! So, unless you have a cup of this tea every day, you become constipated and actually gain weight! Needless to say, anything that causes you to be dependent on it to function normally, is NOT the way to go!
We take quality seriously. That’s why all of our products are made in the United States of America, with the highest quality ingredients, in facilities operating under strict FDA Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
Every item in our store has been personally reviewed, tested and selected based on the benefits provided to our customers. Our goal is to empower each individual by reducing pain and stress while improving health, wellness and mood.
Because quality and trust are so important to us, all of our items are backed by our 30-day money back guarantee in the unlikely event you should find that your purchase isn’t right for you.
Discover the healthy world of CBD and discover your best life and wellness – Ordering is easy right here on our site, TrustBrothersCBD.com
“Trust Brothers have the most trusted, Lowest Cost, Ultra-Premium CBD products available anywhere!” We hope you feel the benefits. Let us know how it works for you and hope to see you as a regular here on the site. And if you’re social, follow us onfacebook @trustbrotherscbd and Instagram @trustbrotherscbd, as we post trustworthy information daily.
Read all of our “CBD, Health & Wellness blog posts” on our website blog, learn more about CBD and purchase our Trust Brothers CBD products that best suit your needs to achieve better health, wellness and living.
Here’s to Your Health!
Tim & Tom
(The Trust Brothers)